UNITED WAY PACESETTER DIVISION KICKOFF
The Pacesetter Division of the Burlington/West Burlington Area United Way convened for their Annual Kickoff on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 7:30 a.m., with a continental breakfast and program at the Pzazz Conference Center.
Sponsorship of the Pacesetter Kickoff Breakfast was by long-time supporters … Two Rivers Bank & Trust, F&M Bank & Trust, MidWestOne Bank and U. S. Bank.
Approximately 100 firms and/or employee groups, Pacesetter Committee Members and representatives from the local United Way funded agencies attended the kickoff, according to Dan Davis, United Way Board President.
The Pacesetter Division’s objective in the Annual United Way Campaign is to secure early corporate and/or employee group pledge commitments. These early pledges provide the momentum needed for the General Campaign, which will kickoff in mid-September. Companies and employees in the United Way Pacesetter Division make up approximately 75% of the Annual Campaign Goal dollars each year.
“This overall early initiative has been very successful in our community and area”, according to United Way Board President Davis … “and we feel confident our United Way Campaign Goal will be achieved again this year with the help and support of our many contributors and volunteers, who care deeply about our community and the citizens, who live here.” … Davis continued.
The Burlington/West Burlington Area United Way attributes the success in raising the annual goals each year to people, who truly care about the well-being of other people … and who give of their resources and talents to make this community a better place to live, work and raise our families, according to Vice President of Campaign and Pacesetter Division Chair Chet Young.
“United Way Annual Campaign Kickoff”
The Burlington/West Burlington Area United Way’s Annual Campaign Kickoff was held Wednesday, September 12, 2012 in the Pzazz Conference Center, according to President Dan Davis. Volunteers, supporting businesses and employee groups, along with representatives from the local United Way funded agencies, were in attendance. Steven Parker, Community Leader and portrayer of “McGruff, the Crime Dog”, was the keynote speaker. The General Campaign officially begins with the Kickoff Luncheon and will run through November 30, 2012.
The Annual Kickoff Luncheon is sponsored by F&M Bank & Trust, MidWestOne Bank, Two Rivers Bank & Trust and U. S. Bank.
Over 350 area volunteers, serving in various roles within the United Way structure, will be combining their efforts to achieve this year’s Annual Campaign Goal of $601,013. Contributions to the local campaign stay in this community, with 99.0% of each donation being spent here to benefit area residents. The remaining 1.0% is budgeted for staff training and materials that cannot be purchased locally. United Way’s strong volunteer network enables the organization to operate with lower than average administrative costs. The majority of each pledge, nearly 80%, is allocated for the sixteen local human service and health care agencies, who provide services for residents in the 40-mile radius service area. Last year more than 50,000 citizens used the programs that were available through the Burlington/West Burlington Area United Way funded agencies.